Hokie Helpers Registration
There’s no question we are excited to welcome our Hokies back to campus this August. There were plenty of hard lessons learned during the pandemic. However, one of the silver linings of the last year is that our VT community hosted an amazing move-in experience for our students in 2020. Using those great lessons, we are ready for an even better move-in this year.What we discovered last year is that we need four things to make move-in go well:
- Have students select a move-in timeslot so as not to overburden campus at any one time
- Provide a warm welcome to campus
- Provide moving carts
- Provide directions to help students and parents find their way around campus
This is where you come in. We need your help to ensure we provide a fantastic welcome to our new and returning Hokies and their families! Our Hokie Helper volunteers are one of the essential pieces of the move-in puzzle.
- Provide a warm Hokie Welcome
- Give out 1 sanitized moving cart to the student/family
- Hand out a campus map and provide directions to residence halls
It’s as simple as that. Please consider signing up for a shift (or multiple!). You’ll get to experience the joy of welcoming a student to campus, and you’ll make the move-in experience one that our Hokies will never forget.
Director for Housing and Residence Life
Are you already registered and need to update/delete your schedule and lost your confirmation email?